Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Rewind

We're already two weeks into the new year and I realize I haven't written wished everyone a happy new year!  I've just been lazy lately, busy doing I don't even know what.

So, rewind - Happy New Year! We made an attempt this year to not be lame and stay up till midnight.  So, we went out, had dinner near the Marina Bay area at a hawker center called Makansutra Gluttons Bay:


My first time trying Roti John (bread with egg, and chicken) and Mee Goreng (Indian version of lo mein).  It's funny, mee goreng is an Indian dish with an Indonesian name, using Chinese ingredients. 

Then, we walked around Marina Bay just to see the sights.  

 This is the CBD area lit up at desk.  I think the balls in the water have New Year wishes written on them...

The Marina Bay Sands on New Years Eve.

After awhile, we decided we didn't want to stand around for another 4 hours to wait for the countdown and headed home to ring in the new year by ourselves.  We were actually able to see the tips of the fireworks from the front side of our apartment.  On the other side, we saw this:

If you can't tell, we have a view of the port/sea from this side of the apartment.  I guess some of the men on the ships decided to make their own fireworks and set off some ghetto fireworks (a.k.a. flares).

So, that was our New Years! Can't believe another year is over and I can't believe what a year of changes it has been.  If you asked me a year ago, I never would have predicted we'd be living in Singapore!  Life has definitely full of changes and sometimes, I just have to trust God and roll with it....otherwise, it would probably drive me crazy.  I'm really looking forward to this new year and can't wait to try some new things and see a few new places!

2 comments:

  1. remember when you complained that you didn't have good asian groceries around you when you lived upstate??? with every move...you get closer and closer hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...so true! Now I have trouble finding American groceries!

    ReplyDelete