Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Getting Ready

Well, I'm just about recovered from a pretty rough case of food poisoning.  Hopefully, my stomach will be fully recovered and extra-fortified because we're heading out for a trip to China in a few days!  It will be my first trip to China so I'm really excited to visit some friends and see the amazing sights of the land where my family came from. 

For my trip, I've been looking for a small crossbody bag to carry my essentials in.  I want to be able to carry a few items like a map, guide book, maybe a bottle of water, but not have to lug a big bag around.  Spending the past half a year navigating Singapore on foot has got me trying to cut down on the amount of things I carry around in my bag.  After a few hours of walking around, even the smallest amount of stuff can get rather heavy.  I did some shopping, but all I could find in my price range were some cheap knock-offs at the mall.  So, I am working on my own....

IMG_1935
Just a sneak peek, it's still in the works...I picked up these awesome gold zippers from the Japanese $2 store (that place is fast becoming my 2nd favorite place to shop....right behind Ikea!)

Here are some other projects I've got going on:

IMG_1436
A friend has got me hooked on crocheting - I'm working on a beaded crochet coin purse.

IMG_1397
A few baby bibs and booties

Hopefully the bag will be a success....finished products to come shortly as I'm working on a deadline.

1 comment: