Friday, October 19, 2012

Production begins!

It's been a busy weeks as I've been working hard to get a bunch of orders out.  First in the queue was a blanket for Josie! I've been working on figuring out my font choices for embroidery.  All the embroidery on my items are done carefully by hand.  I print out the name in Word and then trace it onto the fabric.  Then, following the design, I embroider by hand.  So far, my favorite font is Bookman Old Style, but there are times when Century Gothic works as well.  I've used script fonts a couple of times, but with all the flourishes, it can be too busy and a little hard to read when embroidered.

Josie Blanket

Josie Blanket

Josie Blanket

I realize alot of people have been asking about my prices since I made my shop re-opening announcement last week, and I'm working on updating my blog so that my fabrics and prices will be easily available.  Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment