Monday, May 10, 2010

Meet Sidney

Hope all the mothers out there had a great Mother's Day!  We went up to Plano to celebrate the weekend with my mother-in-law.  Had a great time hanging out....played with Beau the bulldog....played a few rounds of competitive Six Cubes....

I thought I'd take this opportunity to introduce my machine - Sidney the Singer.  I've been having some issues with her lately and have been debating whether to get her fixed or just upgrade to a new one.  It's gonna cost at least half my machine's worth to tune it up and fix it.  I bought it about 4.5 years ago when I first started sewing.  It's done a pretty good job, but it's just not the greatest machine out there...but being the frugal person that I am, I figure as long as it does the job, it's good enough.  It still works well when I am doing a straight stitch, but when I use a zig zag stitch, it tends to jam a little.  

Well, my mother-in-law generously gave me her machine this weekend while we were visited.  The funny thing is that although her machine is about 20 years older than mine....it's pretty much the same exact machine.  Hilarious.

Here's Sidney:


Here's Retro Sidney - circa 1987:



Side by side comparison:



I guess some things don't change much over time....But I'm really happy because I think my mother-in-law has bought me some time on making some capital expenditures...

On another note, posted a couple of new items in my shop.  Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment