Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"D" is for...

I've broken my silence and made my first baby blanket in over a year!  In Singapore, it was impossible to find the soft minky plush fabric I use in my blankets so I couldn't make my signature blankets.  But, now that I'm back in Houston, I have access to my fabrics again.  I prefer to buy my minky fabric at Hobby Lobby.  Joann's has them too, but they're not nearly as soft as the brand that Hobby Lobby carries.  Much to my delight, I found that during my absence over the past couple of years, Hobby Lobby has increased the variety of colors they carry of the minky fabric.  Oh the possibilities!

I picked up the NYC fabric on one of my trips to the city and have been waiting for the right person to use it for.  Little Darya was born in Jersey, but just moved to TX.  So, this will be a little reminder of her East Coast roots.  I'm a little late with my gift as she is now a few months old, but it's better late than never right?

IMG_4862

IMG_4872

IMG_4874

IMG_4869

2 comments:

  1. What about "R" is for Little Randles? Don't forget the ADORABLE baby blanket you made us. Wasn't that in the last year?
    Can't wait for our little guy to arrive to try out the blanket you lovingly made for him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I totally forgot. But, I must say this is the first time I've made a blanket with the minky fabric. Baby Randles's blanket is made for Singapore weather, so I used flannel, which is lighter. You must send me a pic of Baby Randles enjoying his blanket when you get a chance :-)

      Delete