Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jslik's 30!

It's been exciting around here lately as we've been busy celebrating birthday week in the Slik household.  I am only 11 days older than Aslik so we usually combine our birthdays together and have a fancy dinner out. But this year was the big 3-0 for the both of us, so we went all out.

If you remember, Andy got me a serger for my birthday....or more like Andy allowed me to buy myself a serger.  I found a slightly used one on Craigslist for a steal so Andy surprised me on my birthday with a new pair of earrings.  My first pair of diamond earrings - a classic that every wife should have :-)

IMG_4985txt

Then we had a fancy dinner at Uchi in Houston.  Uchi was named to Bon Appetit's top 100 restaurants of 2012.  It was fantastic!

IMG_4989
Note - I was actually born on 8/29, but, according to my mother, the nurse wrote the day down wrong, and thus my legal birthday is 8/28.  I take the best of both worlds and have turned my birthday into a two-day celebration!

Here are some of the tasty things we ate.  I can't remember the names for all of them....we ordered so many dishes!
IMG_4990

IMG_4997
My favorite - smoked yellowtail with pears and yucca crisps

IMG_5000
Andy digging into one of the dishes

IMG_5046
This was like a hotstone rice - so yummy!

IMG_5042
The 30-year-old me :-)

After a great night out, I continued my birthday celebration the next day.  I drove up north to visit some friends in my old neighborhood.  I had a fantastic fruit tart from Central Market and a couple of my favorite kiddos helped me celebrate.

IMG_5100
I asked for a nice picture - this was the only one I got.

IMG_5102
All the other pictures were like this one.

It was a fantastic birthday, and now I've officially entered a new decade!

1 comment: