Monday, November 5, 2012

48 hours in Houston

It's been a fun event filled couple of weeks here.  Besides being busy with some orders, I had a very special visitor come stay with me....my best friend!  She came for some much needed R&R time - she's got 4 kiddos at home that keep her on her feet 24/7.  So, she was more than happy to come see me (sans-kids), have some girl time, eat a ton of food, and sleep in.  Unfortunately, she could only get away for a couple days, so I tried to pack in as much as I could in 48 hours without tiring her out.  This trip was supposed to be for R&R after all!


IMG_6411

One of the reasons why we are best friends is that we both LOVE to eat and are not afraid to put it down.  So of course, during my her first solo trip (and first visit to Houston), I took her out to some of the best Houston has to offer.  We had BBQ at Goode Company, Mexican at El Tiempo, Bosnian at Cafe Pita, and Indian at Himalaya.

IMG_6401
First stop - Goode Company!

IMG_6405
Indian at Himalaya - YUM!

We did some shopping and hit up some antique stores in The Heights area of Houston.  While there, my friend picked some goodies for her husband and kids.  We also stumbled upon a Dia de los Muertos celebration.

IMG_6410  IMG_6409

IMG_6417
There were some Aztec tribal dancers on the scene and I couldn't resist taking advantage of a photo op!

I had such a great time with my best friend and I'm sure she thoroughly enjoyed this time to herself.  She could shower, poop, eat, and sleep in peace.  I wish we lived closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment