Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving

Last week, we spent most of the week up in the Dallas area staying with my in-laws.  They just  finished building their dream home and moved into it.  It's a beautiful house, with amazing views out the front and back.  They don't have neighbors across the street and live up on a hill so they have sweeping views of the area and a nearby lake.  Here we are enjoying the views:

IMG_6835

IMG_6813
Beautiful sunset


IMG_6848
Beau enjoying the view

Then from the back patio, they have golf course views.  We enjoyed making comments about golfers' strange fashion choices and making fun of how most the men were teeing off from the women's tees...

IMG_6875
Back patio

IMG_6863
View of the 17th hole

One day, we ventured out to the club house and practiced a little at the driving range.  Aslik did pretty well, but I did miserably.  Let's put it this way, the best thing aslik could say was, "at least you hit almost every time".  But, in my defense, it was my first time picking up a club in 5 years.  All I can say is that I need ALOT of practice.

IMG_6881

IMG_6886

This year, I'm really thankful that we're able to spend Thanksgiving in America and with family.  It's just not quite the same when you're in another country!

No comments:

Post a Comment