Monday, November 1, 2010

Officially Singaporean!

Another week has flown by here in Singapore.  Time flies when you sleep in and watch too much TV.  One thing I've already started to miss is American TV.  Honestly, I admit that there have been times that last season's episodes of America's Got Talent has been the only thing watchable.  That and some horse dressage competition...which I had never heard of until now.  TV is definitely lacking here.

This weekend I picked up my dependent's pass!  Probably the most efficient government experience I've ever had.  All in all, it took one 5-minute visit to get fingerprinted and one 1-minute visit to pick up the pass...


Afterwards, we walked along the river and came across some dragon boat racing


Then we walked around the mall, got lunch at the food court - here's my kimchi fried rice:


And after some more window shopping, we stopped for dessert


Then for dinner, we checked out another recommendation from what I will dub our friend "Eddie's Singapore Guidebook".  Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao - for those of you who don't know what that means, La Mian is hand-pulled noodles and Xiao Long Bao are these awesome steamed dumplings exploding with soup.  Here's a look at our yummy dinner:


The reason for the action shot - we were so excited to dig in that I completely forgot to take a picture until after the fact.  It happens alot so you'll have to get used to some half-eaten food shots....sorry!  Anyway, this restaurant was great!  Another one to add to my list of favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment