Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Things That Make Me Smile

It's move-in day today!  All of my stuff was delivered on Monday.  The only casualty of the move was our desk....seems like whenever we move, the desk never makes it...we've gone through two desks in the past 3 years.

We're leaving the hotel/serviced apartment today and moving into our apartment.  To gear up for all the unpacking (and take advantage of the daily buffet one more time), I had my usual breakfast of champions:


Yes, I've been eating this every day.....my heart will be glad I'm not feeding it strips of bacon 4 times a week. I'm gonna miss this!

So, in no particular order, some things that make me smile:

- my memory foam pillow

- Jollibean soy milk (in the to-go "bag")



- getting facebook notes, emails, IM's from my friends and family in the states

- talking to the crazy Lin family every day.  That's right, EVERY day!  It's a wonder my sister hasn't gotten tired of talking to me.  But then again, she and I share the same gene pool, and she is the only other person who can outpace me in conversation.

- Pandan butter cupcake with green tea and coconut frosting:


- my sewing machine

- finding new fabric shops

- walking around aimlessly with my camera and taking pictures

- Hainanese chicken rice

- Din Tai Fung

- making new friends

- trying new foods

- this awesome commercial.  Gotta love Singapore marketing! 

- checking out facebook pics of my friends and family and their adorable kids - I admit, I'm a facebook stalker, but that's the only way to keep up from here!  I miss you guys!

The list continues, but I've got to get a start on today's task of unpacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment