Thursday, July 14, 2011

Imports

My sister arrive this week from the states to spend the summer with us.  I've been looking forward to this for many months since it's been 8 months since I've seen any members of my family.  On Tuesday, we picked her up from the airport - she survived 22 hours and one international transfer all by her 15-year-old self!  At the airport, while we were waiting for Julie, I couldn't resist snapping a pic of this driver waiting for his fare:

Perhaps it's Lenny Kravitz's alter ego....?

 
Here she is! I do believe that about 75% of that luggage belonged to me.  The total amount of her luggage probably weighed more than she did... Everything in Singapore costs about double the price in the States so whenever anyone comes, it's the perfect chance to import in some of the things that I miss at Walmart prices.

So, what did she import for me?  Well some of this:

IMG_3537

And of course, I couldn't resist ordering some of these:

IMG_3530

IMG_3523
This one's a special order for Baby Eng!  I can't wait to meet him :-)  He's gonna have one awesome blanket!

So now, I'm listening to my new (imported) Adele CD, enjoying a quiet moment while my sister sleeps in and tries to conquer her jetlag.  Think I'll introduce her to the wonder of Singapore's shopping malls today!

1 comment:

  1. I love the fabrics. They are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete