Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Peasant Dress

::edit:: Some of you may have seen this post earlier.  I was working on it and somehow mistakenly posted it before I had finished it.  So, it sat out there for a day or so before I realized it.  But here it is now for real!

I gave you guys a little sneak preview in my last post of my latest completed sewing project.  (You might as well know that I've got about 5 projects going right now....and I'm waiting for inspiration and motivation to finish).

This is the second dress I've made in my dressmaking class.  Lately, I've been hooked on Pinterest.  I love browsing for ideas and then the best part is being able to save these ideas to one place.  I found this dress on the j crew website:


My sewing teacher helped me draft a pattern for the dress.  I decided to add sleeves in my version and used some brown linen I had picked up in Shanghai a few months ago.   I'm happy to report that I am slowly whittling down my stash of fabrics.  This only means one thing....I get to buy more! Muahahaha.  Don't tell Andy I said that.

IMG_4999e

Peasant Dress Collage

So I put my dress on and dragged Andy out with me on a lovely Saturday for a photo shoot.   We found a good spot by the Singapore River downtown and Andy clicked away.

IMG_5099e

IMG_5103e

IMG_5112e

When I showed the dress to my sister, she told me I looked like a peasant.  So, hence the peasant dress.  I really love the dress, it's simple, comfortable, and most of all, cool.  A good dress to wear around this part of the world.  I think I might make a version without the sleeves as a future project....but first, I'd better work on those other unfinished projects that are crowding my sewing table....

2 comments:

  1. All you need are those guys with the metal sheets to wave and create wind in your hair-ha! Really nice dress. You're a great seamstress!

    ReplyDelete