Friday, November 11, 2011

The Re-education of jslik

With my friends visit, I was re-educated on the latest American fads in pop culture.  Boy, I've been out of the states for too long!

First lesson was learning about Tebowing, which is to get down on a knee and start praying even when everyone else is doing something different.

IMG_5482w
At the hawker center

IMG_5486e
On the escalator (with the paparazzi following you)

IMG_5492e
On the MRT train

IMG_5495e
At the MRT station

IMG_5551e
In the middle of a crosswalk on Orchard Rd.

My second lesson was about Planking, which is to lie face down in an unusual location.

IMG_5485e
At the hawker center

IMG_5543e
On a see-saw

IMG_5516e
At the rooftop garden at Orchard Central

IMG_5701e
At the Gaudi-inspired park on Sentosa

Finally, my last lesson was of a different culture - FOB culture.  When were at the top of the Marina Bay Sands checking out the pool, there were a couple of FOBs from China doing strange poses for their pictures.  The funniest one was where one had a friend take a picture from behind of her doing a yoga pose (all while in a bathing suit and standing in the infinity pool).  So, we decided to introduce - FOB Yoga-ing:

IMG_5664e
at the top of the Marina Bay Sands

IMG_5704e
At the Gaudi-inspired park on Sentosa

*Note that I am standing on this little pillar while doing this yoga pose.  Bonus points for increased difficulty level.  I love my crazy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment