Monday, December 12, 2011

Siblings in Singapore

To finish off the month of fun, my brother, Jimmy came to visit me in Singapore.  He is a real travel buff and prides himself on the number of stamps he has in his passport.  He was so excited to come out to Singapore because he's never been here before.

On his list of "must do's" was to try all the local foods of Singapore.  So I introduced him to:

IMG_6199
Popiah

IMG_6191
Chili Crab and Satay - which served as Thanksgiving dinner on the actual holiday.  (Don't worry, I did still cook a turkey and all the fixin's the following Saturday.)

IMG_6334
Roti Prata

IMG_6337
Nasi Lemak

We also did some alot of sightseeing.  I took him to Clarke Quay:

IMG_6203
Jimmy under the giant outdoor air conditioners 

From Clarke Quay, we hopped on a boat tour that took us along the Singapore River and into Marina Bay.  We got to get up close and personal with the Singapore Merlion.  The boat captain pulled up really close to the Merlion and I have to admit, it was pretty cool.  Two feet over, and the Merlion would have been spitting water on to us.


IMG_6239e
Jimmy and the Merlion

IMG_6235e
Self portrait in the Marina with the famed Marina Bay Sands

Next, we walked over to the Singapore Flyer.  Upon hindsight, I realized that I didn't take a single picture of the Flyer itself....so you'll have to check it out here.  It's basically a giant ferris wheel.

IMG_6252e

IMG_6256
Before boarding the flyer, they had a mini-museum where you could learn all about the flyer.  Apparently, I am one of the "famous" people that has visited the flyer, and I am also a singer/songwriter!

IMG_6267
One of the fancy pods on the Flyer.  Unfortunately, we weren't allowed in that one.

IMG_6317
Self portrait in the flyer

IMG_6308
View of Marina Bay

I've been in Singapore for over a year now and have to admit it was the first time I did the boat tour as well as board the Singapore Flyer.  They were both pretty neat as I got to get a different view of Singapore and Marina Bay.  We had a great time checking out the sights of Singapore, but my brother wanted to pack as much as he could into his trip (and get some extra passport stamps) so the two of us took a side trip to Kuala Lumpur.  More about that in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment