Saturday, October 17, 2009

Elephants

I've been working hard this week on a special blanket commissioned by my friend Erica. I found a great line of fabrics called Arcadia by Sanae for Moda fabrics. There were some awesome floral/bird/swirly prints, but we decided to stick with the leaf print since the baby's gender is not determined. To make this blanket extra special, I added a couple of cute elephant appliques. The elephants turned out to be a little more difficult than I thought (well actually alot more difficult) but I always enjoy a challenge. I really like how it turned out.


1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness this blanket went absolutely above and beyond my wildest imagination! the elephant applique especially is simply stunning! thanks so much jennie, you truly are an artist!

    ReplyDelete