Sunday, October 11, 2009

Introducing jslik designs

Well, I guess it's about time to start my blog. I've been pondering for weeks now and after much prodding from my good friend alau...I've finally decided to start posting. So here it is: I, through jslik designs, will be sharing with everyone my latest projects (as well as a random thought or two).



So, a little about my fledgling business, jslik designs. My experience began with a job as a seamstress for a high-end baby bedding company. For a few months, I worked on developing my skills and learning some tricks of the trade. However, after one frustrating day where I spent all day re-doing two green-leopard-printed-pink-velvet-ruffled pillowcases and only making $14, I decided to switch gears.


Then started all the baby showers. As I find myself amidst the prime childbearing ages, there has been an onslaught of babies amongst my friends. So, I put my seamstress skills to use in making baby blankets as gifts. One thing led to another, and now I'm taking custom orders for blankets. I love every bit of it - I (or my client) get to choose the fabrics (that's right - no more green leopard prints), I design the blanket, and then put it all together. I love the challenge of creating something unique and special. When it comes to sewing, the love shows in the little details like an extra bow, or a cute little applique. There's nothing more rewarding than seeing a beautiful baby wrapped up in one of my creations! I love babies and I love sewing, so why not make beautiful sewn things for babies?


So, there you have it - the start of my new business adventure...should be interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Jennie -- I love your designs and your photos really show them off well!! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete