Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vacation

 Sorry for the blogging hiatus, but I spent last week living it up in my home state and.....

was reminded of how I love snow but dislike this:


Enjoyed some great food at a local sushi buffet like this:


and this:


and this:


Then spent a day in the city meeting up with people and enjoying this (best pancakes ever! but not quite worth the 1.5 hour wait):


and wandered past here:


on my way to here:


then headed here:


I also took advantage of restaurant week with a friend, but was enjoying the food so much I forgot to whip out my camera to take a picture.

Oh, and no trip to NYC is complete without a stop at the fabric store!  I picked up some of this:

Any takers?

All in all, I had a great time hanging out with my family and friends.  I got to spend Chinese New Year with my family eating hot pot and nian gao.  Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera to the get together, so there are no pictures of the great food.  Hmmm...sensing a pattern here? Yup, when I travel, it's all about the food!

Oh, and here's a pic of my sister modeling her new jslik designs pj's and tote bag.


Well somehow, I managed to catch a cold while I was romping around NJ.  So, I'm home now, resting up, trying to stay warm despite the winter storm warning.....I leave the east coast for sunny and warm TX....except the cold weather followed me here!  What's up with that??

No comments:

Post a Comment