Thursday, October 14, 2010

Leaving On A Jet Plane

I'm leaving on a jet plane....don't know when I'll be back again....

Here I am, hanging out in the business class lounge...living it up.  I've never flown business class before, and boy is this a treat! I could get used to this :-) Not sure that my bank account could though. 

I've had a great time resting up with family and recuperating from the move.  I got to make a pit stop at the beginning in Chicago to see some friends and then spent the rest of the time in Jersey.  It was definitely weird buying one way tickets.

Baby Stella was trying to convince her mom to let me stow her in my suitcase


We had to settle for a picture instead



Spent my last full day in the states in NYC - the greatest city ever!  Got to eat tons of good food and walk around Central Park.  Caught up with some old friends as well.....a great way to end my time in the states.

It's funny, growing up outside the city, I had never taken the time to go in and check out many of the NYC sites.  It took me moving out of the country to motivate me to check out Central Park....

The lake:


 Views from Belvedere Castle:



Forget what this area was called, it was right after the main plaza area.



I got to have tea and scones with a friend:


For dinner, a friend and I went to Eataly.  It's an Italian marketplace with many eateries inside.  The casual dining areas are right next to the shelves, so you can eat with one hand and reach over to grab some some boxes of pasta with your other to take home.



And we got some giant cream puffs from Beard Papa....so good! Luckily, they've got these in Singapore :)


Well, it's almost time to board my flight!  I'm ready for my new adventure...so until next time - Hasta la vista!

3 comments:

  1. Sad to see y'all go but excited for your new adventure! Don't forget to update your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. stella looks so much like cass in those pics!

    ooo..i've been wanting to go to eataly since it opened! i've only started to enjoy central park in the last 3 years...and i'm in nyc every day! hahaha we take things for granted for sure!

    ReplyDelete