Thursday, October 21, 2010

Welcome to Singapore!

It's already almost been a whole week since I left the states.  The flight in was fabulous, I got to eat off real plates, lie down and sleep, and when I woke up, I was half way across the world.


I got in bright and early before the crack of dawn, caught a cab and made my way to the hotel where Andy was waiting with these:


He sure knows how to spoil his wife!  I guess after 3 weeks of separation, he was more than happy to have me back.

So, for the past week I've just been laying low while Andy goes off to work.  I've pretty much conquered my jet lag and am ready to go out to explore.  I've been slow to post mainly since I was too lazy to pick up all my junk and tidy up the apartment into a picture-worthy state.  We're staying in a serviced apartment within a hotel.  Our apartment has a kitchenette, dining room, living room, bathroom, and one bedroom.  The best part is that a maid comes every day to clean, make the bed, and switch out my towels.  The other awesome feature is that we get to take advantage of the hotel restaurant's breakfast buffet every morning.  We'll probably be staying here for another month while we wait for our things to arrive from overseas.  The hotel is in a great location, close to the happening parts of Singapore, so I'm definitely going to take advantage of that and go exploring soon!

Here are a few photos of our temporary living quarters:

The living room:


The dining area and kitchen behind it:



The bedroom with nice views of the river and other apartment complexes:


When I mentioned there was a kitchen in the earlier picture, you may have wondered....what kitchen?  That's exactly what I said when I first walked in and looked around.


To which Andy smiled, walked over to the "wall" and showed me:



Everything is hidden behind doors! Its pretty cool.  I guess when things get messy, you can just close all the doors and your apartment will still look tidy.  Pretty neat.

Well, that's it for now.  Soon I'll be doing more exploring and I'll be sure to bring my camera so that you can see some of the sights of Singapore!

3 comments:

  1. Love these pictures! Wow! Your life is the coolest. ;) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow sweet temporary quarters! love the whiteness about it. post pix of ur apt once y'all set it up!

    ReplyDelete