Wednesday, October 6, 2010

So Long, Farewell

I've been on vacation for a full week and a half now so it's high time I got my act together to give an update on how things are going.  For three days, I had packers packing up all my stuff....then on loading day, I had three trucks lined up outside of my house.  One for my sea container, one for storage, and one to transport all the boxes they used and the 8 person packing/loading crew.  Here was the scene outside my door:


In about 4 hours, all my stuff was boxed up and nailed in (I'm hoping that all of my stuff will show up in the appropriate places since as you can recall....none of it actually has my real name on it....):


So, farewell Spring, TX.  The last few days in TX were sad for me as I had to say goodbye to some of my favorite things....

My awesome house (these pics were taken when we first bought our house - can't believe it was 3 years ago!)



Some of my favorite little Texans



Some of my favorite big Texans



Unfortunately, in the craziness of things, I didn't bother to heft my camera around to all the events and therefore did not get as many pics of my favorite people as I would've liked....so my awesome neighbors in Mulberry Park get a very special (pictureless) mention.

Some of my favorite Texan eats (Goode Company of course!)



We spent our last night in Texas partying it up with our neighbors.  One of my sweet neighbors hosted a party for us and we got to say goodbye to everyone one last time.  Unfortunately, I don't actually have any pics of that either.

So, farewell TX, I'm going to miss you!  As a Jersey girl, I'll probably never consider TX it's own country, but I must admit that I've really grown to love TX and will really miss all the wonderful people I've met here.  Perhaps we'll be back after this overseas assignment....who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment