Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Fun

It's been a beautiful couple of days in the neighborhood lately.  I love fall on the east coast...the colors are beautiful, the air is crisp, and the apple cider is awesome.

Spent some quality time with my bro and sis this weekend celebrating my bro's birthday

Hit up our new favorite Japanese restaurant, Toro, in Montclair:






Yummy!  Then we did some "wilderness" exploring....and had an impromptu photo shoot.  We found the perfect log to take some pics....but it was a bit tricky using the self timer since getting on the log required some serious climbing and acrobatic skills....

Try #1 - testing out the shot


Try #2...the out-of-shape-nearing-mid-life sibling tries to climb onto log in 10 seconds....I obviously did not get very far...but hey, at least I made it into the picture.


So, Try #3, my younger, more in shape brother gives it a try, and alllmost gets in perfect picture pose:


So, we kind of gave up and decided to take a few shots in this cool clearing right  behind the log.  Surely those would be easier...

My bro practicing his jump shot

My sister's got some attitude now

 A nice sibling photo

We like to have fun together

A few more portraits...



It's probably going to be the last time in awhile that I get to hang out with my bro and sis.  Sad.  But, at least I've got some great photos to put up on my walls to keep them close at heart.  Happy Birthday Jimmy - hope you have a fabulous year!

P.S.  Only 3 more days till I expatriate myself!! Looking forward to seeing Andy, but dreading saying goodbye to my family :(

2 comments: