Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hitting the Sewing Room

Well I'm hitting the sewing room today - I say it like one would say "I'm hitting the gym today"...It's been too long!  I think I haven't sewn in over 3 months - that's a quarter of a year!  Crazy.

But, I've got to finish up a couple of bib and booties sets (do I even remember how to make them??)  And, I went shopping this week at a couple of fabric stores and couldn't resist buying.


Believe it or not, I picked up the two fabrics on the right at ikea.  They have a pretty decent selection of fabrics at good prices.  I bought the two on the left at a local fabric store to make a couple of cute beachy dresses for our trip to Phuket.  Since we won't be with family for Christmas this year, I decided to give us something to look forward to by booking a trip to Phuket.  So excited!  Hopefully the dresses will turn out ok...The blue one is pretty straightforward - it'll just be a smocked cover-up dress.  But, for the crazy floral, I have a vision of a loose airy dress...but I'm not sure how well I can execute it, or if it will even look good.  We'll see...being in the tropics has inspired me to make some crazy fabric choices!  

Ok, better stop putzing around....time to turn up the Christmas music and hit the sewing room!

No comments:

Post a Comment