Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas....

White sand that is....The other day, Andy and I went for a walk in the park and saw a dad pulling around his son in a sled.....in the sand pit.  It was pretty funny!

Tomorrow we leave for Phuket!  I'm so excited to be going on vacation.  I think it's the first real vacation we've taken this year....we were saving up vacation for a trip to Taiwan this year, but that got scrapped due to our big move.  Don't worry, we're still heading to Taiwan, but not till Chinese New Year.  

Anyway, I've been trying my best to make it Christmas-y around here, but having a bit of trouble succeeding. Besides blasting the Christmas music non-stop, I've pulled out the big guns - my Frosty mug!


I think it mostly doesn't feel like Christmas because there are no family get togethers to look forward to.  Although, with modern technology, I suppose we could just video-place ourselves at all the Christmas celebrations.  *sigh* I miss my family! 

I've been busy in the sewing room this week, whipping up a couple of cute items to take on my trip. 


This one was so easy to make.  I bought this fabric that was already pre-smocked and just sewed the two raw edges together to make a tube dress.  Then, for some extra security, I sewed on two straps I made out of the extra fabric.  So easy!  Anyone who can sew a (semi) straight line can make this!


For this skirt, I used my fabulous IKEA fabric.  It's basically a two-tiered simple skirt with an elastic waist. It's so comfortable - I'm all about elastic and comfort.  Perhaps I will make a few more and work on a tutorial if there are any people interested in giving it a try for themselves!

And, because I was bored....I had a little self-photoshoot:


Excited to be wearing these on the beach, but even more excited to spend quality time with Andy!

No comments:

Post a Comment