Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gift Bags

I've been eating it up in Taiwan the past week and have been in a constant state of "stuffed".  I guess that explains why I haven't been able to lift my fingers and work on a blog post.  I spent last week hanging out with my grandma...going to the market, and now that Andy's here, it's been a constant stream of sightseeing, friend-seeing, and relative-seeing.  But, more on that in another post.  

I finished up my bags and brought them as gifts for all my aunties.  They loved the bags!  Here are the finished products (all fabrics are from Ikea):

The gray bag (note my new props - the teak dining set!)

The navy version.

I followed the instructions on this blog and learned how to make a zippered pocket.  
It will definitely be useful in other projects! 

View of the inside

The funky fabric version

First time I have seen fabric with....goats... It's a little weird, but I figure it's on the back side, so not so bad right?

And for grandma, I made a little wristlet since she no longer carries big heavy bags.

I might want to make myself one of these too!

And now, it's off to bed for me.  We've been having a blast here in Taiwan - will update on it soon (I hope)!  I leave you with one final picture of the new man in my life....


No comments:

Post a Comment