Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fitting In

So, I've been here in Singapore for a little over 4 months already - time really flies!  I think I'm finally starting to settle in and make Singapore my new home.

Andy has been here a month longer, and maybe a little better adjusted than me.  One of the big adjustments for him is switching from working in an office to working at the plant.  Part of working at the plant involves going out to the buildings, for which he's got to wear his nomex suit, which is flame-resistant.  These suits are special ordered, so it takes a bit of time to arrive.  While he's been waiting for his suit to arrive (yes it's been 5 months and it has not arrived yet), he's been wearing this:

IMG_8264

Notice something funny? How 'bout a closer look...

IMG_8269

Yup, his suit says:

IMG_8268

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you can just call me Mrs. Leong from now on.  Andy loves Singapore so much that he's taken on a new name to better assimilate.  After all, Sokolik is just too hard to pronounce for most Asians.  I'm not even sure my own father can say it...

Andy actually told me yesterday that his suit arrived, but that it has the name "Andrew Sololik".  So....it's back to the tailor.  Hope it doesn't take another 5 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment