Friday, April 20, 2012

Moving (again)!

IMG_1587      IMG_1592

Well, it's about time I made the official announcement seeing that I'll be on the move in one week (eeks!).  We'll be hanging up our expat statuses and are moving back to Houston!   I'm excited, but things are moving fast over here, and it's hard to say goodbye to friends, organize, and oh I forgot to mention, plan a trip to New Zealand before we leave.  Yeah, we're a little crazy.  

Next Friday, we're heading out to New Zealand for a last hurrah in the Eastern Hemisphere for awhile.  We'll be in New Zealand for two weeks, come back for a couple of days to take care of a couple of administrative things and then fly out for Houston on May 16.

It's been a bit of a whirlwind since we only found out about our move a month ago and received definite confirmation a couple of weeks ago.  Luckily, the company is moving us so I don't have to do much physical work for packing and loading, but of course I'm trying to do a little organizing since we'll most likely be downsizing and putting things in storage.  

Now you may be wondering, downsizing?  That means we're gonna be in an apartment - why not buy a house?  Well it looks like we may be returning to the East in a year or so.  Right now, the plan is to be in Houston for a year or so and then move to Shanghai.  Life is never dull over here!  Obviously things can change (just like how our Singapore assignment was cut short), so I'm just learning to trust God and His plan for us and take life one day at a time.

On top of all that, I've had to say goodbye to many of my friends this week since next week will just be crazy busy.  I've met so many interesting people and had so many great experiences in Singapore, it makes me sad to leave.  But, on the flip side, being back in the states means being closer to family, which is a big bonus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment