Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Favorite Things: Jersey Edition

So, I've made it back safely to Singapore and have almost conquered my jet lag.  I finally got around to editing and posting my pics, but there are so many I'm going to have to break it up into 3 sections.  Here are some of my favorites from my time in my home state - good ole' Jersey.  

I spent most of my time in Jersey with my family.  It was so nice to relax, eat my dad's home cooking, get my fix of NY style pizza, bagels, and other yummy things.

The whole family took a trip into the city and we checked out the 9/11 memorial site:

IMG_9622
Freedom Tower in progress

IMG_9674
My sis

IMG_9738
My bro

IMG_9767
Me and my sis in the reflection of a building

IMG_9691
9/11 Reflection pool

IMG_9695
Names of people who passed away on 9/11

It's hard to believe that it's been over 10 years since 9/11 happened.  I still remember when I first found out about it.  I'm glad that the memorial is finally open to the public.  It gave me chills reading the stories of the countless first responders that gave their lives that day.

I also got to spend some quality time with my extended family in Jersey.  We had my aunts, uncles, and cousins over for a feast:

IMG_9817

Taking funny photos and playing around with my new lens:

IMG_9840
Got this pic unintentionally

IMG_9842

Tried to replicate the first one

IMG_9868
My Uncle Frank went Mah Jong crazy!

IMG_9887
Close up of Kyle

IMG_9873
Funny cousins

IMG_9901
Playing our new obsession: Just Dance!

I also took some time to go into the city by myself and did a little shopping.  Fabric shopping that is.  First stop - Mood Fabrics.  If you watch Project Runway, you'd know that they always go to Mood Fabrics to buy their fabrics.  I just had to stop by and revel in the store's wonder.  It was fantastic.  I had a Project Runway moment, just imagining myself as a designer running through the store, trying to pick out the perfect fabrics.....yup keep dreaming :-)

IMG_9926

Then I stopped at my favorite quilt shop in the city and picked up a few cute NYC themed fabrics.  Now I just need to find a project for them!

IMG_9943
The City Quilter

I walked around the city and took a few more photos.  It was a gorgeous day!

IMG_9919
New York Times building

IMG_9969
Flatiron Building

IMG_9961
Clock near the Flatiron

As always, I had a great time in Jersey with my family.  Nothing beats being at home with the ones you love. You can check out the rest of my NJ photos in this album.  After spending time in Jersey, I moved on to my next stop: Texas.  It'll be a few days though since we'll be away on a mini-Easter getaway.  Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment