Friday, July 27, 2012

Patio Cushions and a Photobomb

I've spent the better part of the week sewing my sister-in-law's cushion covers and I can gladly say that I'm done! Unfortunately, she doesn't live nearby so all I have to show are some close-ups of the covers with one of my little throw pillows stuffed inside.  For this, I used an outdoor fabric (some synthetic material that I can't remember the name of), but it's supposed to be fade and dirt resistant.  I'm gonna mail these out to my sis and hopefully she'll send me some pics to share so you can all see how they look when filled.

IMG_4678
This was my first time installing a lapped zipper.  The top half of the zipper has a flap that folds over to cover the zipper.  I mainly chose the lapped zipper because for the largest cushion, we couldn't find a zipper that matched in color and had to use a white zipper.  This way the zipper isn't showing so it really doesn't matter what color it is.

IMG_4681

IMG_4690

IMG_4684
I made some velcro tabs to secure the cushions to the chairs.  We actually found some blue velcro too!

IMG_4694

In other news, I've been working on writing up my first tutorial on how to make the pillowcases I posted on last week.  I've got a little more editing and hopefully can post that soon!

And, to celebrate the fact that it's quitting time on Friday, I thought you might enjoy a silly photo.  I totally photobombed this one, but in a good way!


Happy Friday everyone!  Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment