Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mustache Bash for a Miracle Baby!

A couple weeks ago, I helped throw a mustache-themed baby shower for a good friend of mine.  My friend Rachel and her husband lead our bible study small group and really have been a wonderful encouragement to us as we've been going through the adoption process.

The first time I met Rachel, she and her husband, Tim, announced in Sunday school at church that she was pregnant.  They shared that they had experienced secondary infertility for a few years after having their first son, and had actually started the adoption process when Rachel found out she was pregnant!  They still planned to adopt in the future, but were putting it on hold until their baby was born.  The funny thing is, that morning on the way to church, I had prayed and asked God for direction about whether we should adopt.  I had been feeling frustrated because I didn't know any people who were adopting.  I had so many questions, but no one to answer them.  Well in class, our Sunday school teacher asked us to do an icebreaker and talk to the people in front of/behind us.  Rachel and Tim were in front of us, so when they turned around and introduced themselves, we mentioned that we were thinking of adopting.  I remember that Rachel's face just lit up and they were both immediately so excited for us.  We hadn't even decided if we were going through with it yet!  In the weeks and months following, Rachel and Tim were a huge encouragement and support for us, having gone through the same things we were going through.  Rachel had researched many agencies and gladly handed over her information and results to me so that I could take a look.  To think that a week before, I had been feeling overwhelmed and had no idea how to even begin looking at the adoption process, much less find an agency.  God definitely answered my prayers!

We ended up joining Rachel and Tim's bible study group and have gotten to know them better and have watched their baby grow steadily.  Their baby is truly a miracle baby and God's answer to many prayers.  Rachel and Tim have continued to encourage us and pray for us as we are awaiting our own baby.  There have been times where I think Rachel has been more excited for our adoption than me!  For someone going through the adoption process, there is nothing better than having friends walking beside you, praying for you, and sharing in your excitement.   I am just so grateful for friends like Rachel and Tim. 

So, I was more than happy to help plan a special day celebrating Rachel and her miracle baby!  It was a mustache-themed bash complete with yummy food, little mustaches, and a photobooth.

IMG_7984
Rachel and her mom taking the first picture in the photobooth

IMG_8002
A picture of Rachel of me

IMG_7990
I made a whole bunch of mustaches - thank you pinterest!  Unfortunately I did not
get pictures of all the yummy foods and cute cake pop favors other friends made.

Of course for her gift, I made her baby some of his own jslik designs items!  I let Rachel pick out her favorites from my stash.

IMG_7913  IMG_7922

IMG_7914

IMG_7928

2 comments:

  1. Jennie! This brought tears to my eyes! Thank you for being such a dear friend!! We really couldn't be more excited for y'all and are so thankful for how much God has worked to bring you guys this far in the process! We can't wait to meet the little baby he is preparing to bring into your family!! Thank you for such a sweet post! And... the blanket, bibs, and booties are absolutely the cutest things EVER! I can't wait to use them with little Stephen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm just so happy and excited for you guys! You've been a great blessing in our lives :-)

    ReplyDelete