Friday, January 29, 2010

Minor dilemma

Well another week has gone by and I have to admit, I have not quite gotten as much done as I'd hoped.  Partly because I've been a little more busy with one of my other jobs - working on a contract basis with the United Way (like I said, I wear many hats) - and partly because I spent a couple of days engrossed in my Jodi Piccoult book.  But, the deadlines are looming, I'm leaving for Jersey in a couple of weeks and I've got to get some stuff done before then!

I was finishing off the last bit of hemming for a set of pajamas for my sister when I went to snip a thread, grabbed the nearest pair of scissors around (happened to be a big pair), and ended up snipping not only the thread, but also a  a hole in the hem of the pants!! ugh....


It's not a big hole, only about 1/4" wide...but still.  I can either put an extra band around the bottom to cover up the hole, or I could leave the hole as is and iron on a piece of fusible backing that will help the threads from fraying over time....

So what's it gonna be? Will Perfectionist Jennie fix it the proper way?  Or will Lazy Jennie fudge it over with a ghetto fix?.......Time to weigh in.

In the meantime, I'm going to work on something else that doesn't cause me to groan every time I look at it.

2 comments:

  1. oh jennie, being a perfectionist myself (to the point of being OCD), sadly i know that feeling all too well! i'd say fix it the proper way or you'll never get over it~ then you can be free to move on to your next projects! btw, my friend's twins were born and i was able to give her your blankets the day before, and she loves them! she said the nursery is decorated in primary colors so the blankets are perfect! thanks so much for all your hard work and creative talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas Erica, I was working on the buttonholes for the pj top and ripped a huge hole in them.....so I think I'm gonna have to give in just put this behind me....I did fix the holes, but with a ghetto patch over them...*sigh*

    I'm glad that the twins' mom liked the blankets and it matcher her decor! Yay for precious babies with cute blankets :-)

    ReplyDelete