Monday, April 26, 2010

All Things Texan

Another week has gone by and I'm in catch up mode.  Got a few orders to work on and am slowly getting there.

I thought I'd dedicate this post to all things wonderful in TX.  This weekend, we had a blast hanging out with friends, introducing fellow Jerseyans to the Texan way of life.  On Saturday, we hit up the crawfish festival here in Old Town Spring and gorged on all sorts of goodies.  This time, I chose not to bring my camera, so that I could get down and dirty eating those crawfish.  So, a picture from a couple years ago will suffice.  We housed a couple of buckets of these crawfish:


The aftermath:


It was my first time trying Boudain - which is basically dirty rice stuffed into a sausage casing and I'm a believer!  It was soooo good.  All in all, it was a fun time hanging out, listening to some Zydeco music, counting pit bulls, and of course, stuffing our faces full of Cajun goodies.

On to some more goodies, last week Andy brought home a treat from his trip to Victoria:





Step aside slim jim and all other imitators....this is the real deal.  The make-you-want-to buy-a-cowboy-hat-and-go-herd-some-cattle kind of jerky.  It's awesome.

Taking another step back into time, last month I got to go to the Championship BBQ Cookoff at the Rodeo.  I never got to post about it, so here are a couple of pics.  First, we got all-you-can-eat BBQ :


Then topped it off with fried oreos.




So, you see, it's no wonder that people in general are bigger down here in TX.  Just look at all this awesome food!  If you find yourself beginning to drool, you really need to come and visit us...or, better yet, you can just move down here!  There's a house across the street for sale :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment