Friday, August 20, 2010

The Big Reveal

I'm so excited today because I finally got the go-ahead to share our big secret (no, there aren't going to be any additions to this family). Actually, it's not much of a secret anymore...as my husband so well put it, "It's not like you can hide the big sign in our front yard."


That's right, we're selling our house, we're moving...and where might you ask?


Can you guess where we're going?





We're leaving the country and moving to Singapore! ....in one month!  Andy took a 2-3 year assignment out there and I get to tag along.  So, things are pretty crazy over here, between finishing up my orders, keeping the house pristine for showings, and just figuring everything out.  

You're probably wondering what this means for jslik designs.  The answer is "I'm not sure".  I am finishing up production of goods and am no longer taking orders for the time being.  I've never been to Singapore so I have no idea what kind of fabrics I will be able to get over there and how much shipping will be.  Both will affect my decision of whether to operate in Singapore, or if it's just cost prohibitive to run jslik designs over there.  Not to mention the fact that when we first get to Singapore, we'll most likely be in temporary housing, so I won't be able to do any sewing for awhile.  So, you'll just have to keep reading my blog to find out what happens!   

I'm really excited to be going on this new adventure with my husband, but sad at the same time to be leaving all my friends and family....even talking on the phone will be tricky since the time different is about 12 hours.  And, I'm sad to have to stop production for jslik designs.  It's been about a year since I started and things really are starting to pick up more and more.  I hate to leave all of it, but I think God has really blessed my little endeavor and I'm sure He's got something new and exciting is awaiting me over in Singapore!  

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for all of their support this past year.  Obviously, I wouldn't be in business without your orders (and so many of you popping out babies...haha).  I really appreciate it so much. Making these special blankets and seeing the babies in them brings me so much joy - it makes it worth the hard work!

Ok, enough talking for now.  Now you know another reason why there's been such a slowdown of posting lately.  It's been busy and it's only getting busier!  But tonight, we're taking a break and Andy's taking my out to the Oceanaire! We're checking it off our "Things to do before leaving Houston" list...

5 comments:

  1. what an adventure! Did you know Anna Formichella from IC Crusade? She and her husband and two kids live in Singapore. I'd be happy to put you in touch! - Emily Rindone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! I had no idea you guys were even thinking about Singapore. It's so crazy. I hope you have a great time! 2-3 years is perfect for a new place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily - I don't remember Anna, but it would be nice to have some contacts out there! If you'd like, you can email me at jslikdesigns@gmail.com

    Jeanne - Thanks! We're really excited. I might try to make a short trip out to Chicago before I go, I'll keep you updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahhhh my mom told me about this and i couldn't believe it!!!!! sigh. what will my baby friends get now! hahaha. so excited for you though! you guys should go on international house hunters show! HAHA good luck for everything! just when i'm planning a trip to houston...you leave! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. See you guys over here soon Jslik! Maybe you can find a bunch of better materials over here! Remember, silk was made in China, so hop on a short plane over and we'll take ya to the factories! :)

    ReplyDelete