Wednesday, August 4, 2010

jslik Sewing Academy

While my sister is here, we've been doing some fun activities.  One of which has been sewing.  I've enrolled her in the jslik Sewing Academy and I've got her started on a few projects to keep her busy while I'm trying to get some orders done.

Here is my one-room school house...which used to be my breakfast room...it's where the magic happens.  Normally, I do not sew on my beautiful dining table, but in the summer months, my studio/study runs warmer than the rest of the house and it's just miserable to sew in there.  So I move all my sewing stuff onto my dining table...hoping that no one decides to drop by for a surprise visit.


Here's Julie's first real project (it's technically her second since I made her learn the basics making a bean bag out of some rather ugly scrap fabric, but it's not worthy of posting).  She made this as a gift for her friend.


My sister proudly showing off her bag.


Here we are goofing around with the camera after I survived a 2.5 hour appointment to get my temporary crown put in....hence the slightly anesthesia induced crooked smile.


Next up: I'm going to let my sister have a try at making herself a cool skirt!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jennie,
    It was great seeing you this week - hope you got to Singapore safely. We love your blog and wish you lots of success in your sewing efforts.
    Stay well and give our warm regards to Andrew.
    Love,
    Nogah & Bruce

    ReplyDelete