Monday, August 2, 2010

Sticky

Today I plopped my iron down on the wrong side of some double sided fusible interfacing....for those of you who don't know, fusible interfacing is non-stick on one side and has glue on one side, so that when you iron it onto your fabric, it sticks to the fabric.  The point is to apply the glue side to the back of your fabric....NOT to the iron...  Well, now the glue is stuck to my iron and I spent the last half hour scrubbing down my iron.    Not the best way to start the sewing day.

As I mentioned in my last post, I took a trip home to Jersey last week.  I usually always take a day to trek into the city to see some friends and wander around the old haunts, however this trip was a bit short and too busy so I didn't get a chance to go into the city.  So, to remind myself of my favorite places, I'll post this set I finished up awhile ago:




Now I'm going to take a cue from my sticky iron, take a break, and go grocery shopping...got my mother-in-law's chicken enchiladas on the menu for tonight!
 

2 comments:

  1. Jennie!! I have SO done that before with my iron. Hahaha! --AJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete