Monday, March 7, 2011

Nature

It's been relatively quiet here, thus I have a limited selection of blog-worthy topics and pictures.  This weekend, we saw Black Swan in the theaters and then attended the first session of a marriage course our church is offering.  Our 5th anniversary is this weekend and I thought doing a marriage course would be a good checkpoint.  So far, I must say I've been really blessed to have a great marriage to a wonderful guy with whom I've shared some awesome adventures.  But as with any relationship, there's always room for improvement.

Since there's not much to blog about for this past weekend, I'll rewind to last weekend.  We took a trip to Ikea on Saturday.  I think Ikea is fast-becoming my favorite store in Singapore.  They have awesome fabrics, delicious and inexpensive food, free refills (restaurants in Singapore do NOT offer free refills), and great home items.

IMG_0766
We eat at Ikea at least once a month.  My newfound favorite item on the menu there - the pepper-crusted salmon.  It's so good!

After we fueled up, we walked over to Hort Park, a public garden where I did a little creative photography.  Unfortunately, it was threatening to rain, so we didn't get to walk around as much as I'd hoped.  Also, Andy had promised me a plant as my Valentine's Day present, and Hort Park was supposed to have a nursery.  That's the kind of girl I am - practicality always wins out - why spend money on flowers that will just die when you can buy a plant that can live for a long time?  That is...as long as I don't kill it...

Here are some photos I took around the park:

IMG_0777

IMG_0770e

IMG_0815

IMG_0772e

IMG_0806e

IMG_0816
Saw this strange looking gourd/plant/thing - I have no idea what it is....

IMG_0809e
I tried to convince Andy to climb up the tree and grab me some bananas, but he wouldn't do it.  Oh well.

In the end, I didn't end up getting my plant at Hort Park since the nursery there had closed down.  We went to another nursery and Andy got me a pretty hibiscus plant to replace the one that I had to leave behind in TX.  Now it's sitting pretty on my balcony - hope I don't kill it!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I'm sure your hibiscus plant will do well with all the humidity there! Our dog chewed up mine. :(

    ReplyDelete