Thursday, March 17, 2011

Anniversary Recap

Last Friday we celebrated our 5th anniversary.  I guess we're still considered newlyweds compared to all those other marriages out there, but 5 years is the first mini-milestone.  To celebrate, I made us reservations at Au Petit Salut, a French Restaurant in Holland Village.  I was trying to evoke some Parisian feelings from when we celebrated our 3rd anniversary with a trip to Europe.

First I started with my favorite - french onion soup and Andy had some escargot.

IMG_0963
I have a love affair with french onion soup - that stuff is so good.  Cheesy, hot, onion-y.....

IMG_0960

For main courses, Andy had the lamb, and I had veal.  I have to admit, I was really disappointed with my entree as the meat was dry and tough.  But, Andy's was really good.  Oh well.

IMG_0970

IMG_0974

Before they served our dessert, the waiter brought out a surprise for us.  A little molten lava cake and a scoop of chocolate ice cream.  It's funny, they put the candle in the ice cream instead of the cake.

IMG_0977

After our surprise dessert, we got our real dessert.  It was called a "8-hour baked apple with ice cream" but honestly it was like an apple crumble with apple sorbet sitting in a bed of apple flavored foam.  I'm pretty sure they didn't bake this thing for 8 hours....

IMG_0980

All in all, a fun romantic meal, but I do have to say I was a little disappointed in my entree.  Not sure if I would go back again....

Can't believe 5 years have already flown by! It's just crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment