Thursday, March 24, 2011

Singapore Botanic Gardens

Last weekend, we ventured out to the Singapore Botanic Gardens.  Having heard much about it, we finally made it out there to check it out ourselves.  Of course, just as we bought tickets to enter the special National Orchid Garden portion, it started to pour.  What would a walk through the tropical vegetation be without some tropical downpour to accompany it?

IMG_1023

I got to wander around, giving my 50mm lens a try.  Andy, being the gem that he is, waited patiently while I snapped away.

IMG_1045

IMG_1106e         IMG_1113e

IMG_1132e

IMG_1116e     IMG_1135e

IMG_1063e

IMG_1158e          IMG_1260e

IMG_1083e

Orchids are one of my favorite flowers, I never knew there were so many types!  You can check out the rest of the pics in my flickr album.

3 comments:

  1. I'm kind of in love with one of your photographs. The one of the all green tree branch. Or perhaps it is a bonsai? In any case, fabulous. I have a thing for trees (yes, I'm a tree hugger).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bethany! I had a really fun time taking these pic. Not sure which one you are referring to.....I tried my best to label them in my flickr album, but then I got lazy when I was doing the actual post. haha

    ReplyDelete