Friday, March 11, 2011

Weekdays

Usually weekdays are pretty boring here, but this week we were a little more adventurous and went out on a mid-week date.  Andy had a coworker who was accompanying a local cellist on the piano in a free mini-concert in the lobby of the Esplanade.

We headed out to one of out favorite spots for chicken rice - Tiong Bahru Market.  Here's my favorite stall:

IMG_0862

I swear they have the best chicken rice! It's so good...especially with the hot sauce.

IMG_0860

Our new found favorite drink - Ginger beer.  It's like ginger ale, but with a stronger ginger flavor...so good!  I wish they sold this in the states.

IMG_0869

Afterwards, we caught the subway and headed over to the Esplanade.  Singaporeans say this building is modeled after a giant durian...you know those smelly fruits.  It does kind of look like one, but at least it doesn't smell like one.

IMG_0905

IMG_0885

We got to hear Andy's coworker and the cellist perform a few songs - I really enjoyed it.  Forgot how much I enjoy listening to classical music.  The cello is my favorite stringed instrument.  I love how soothing the rich deep sounds are.

IMG_0912

After that, we made our way home - not before walking by the Hershey's store and picking up some Twizzlers on sale!  Score of the day :-) It's been awhile since I've had some Twizzlers. It's amazing how the smallest things can bring comfort to you when you miss home.

In other news, today's our 5th wedding anniversary!  I decided to give myself a migraine as an anniversary present....so I had a rough start to the day.  But, I'm feeling better now and we're off to try a French restaurant to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment