Friday, July 30, 2010

Where's jslik?

Yes I'm still alive and kicking.  Apologies for the long hiatus, but the past couple of weeks have just been a whirlwind!  First of all, my sister flew into town and I've enrolled her in the Jslik Sewing Academy....but more about that in another post.  I've also been working hard to make a dent in the queue of orders I've got going (not that I'm complaining).

In between all that, I took a break and flew back home for a tour of the Northeast.   A good college friend of mine got married over the weekend in Connecticut.  So we flew to my parents in Jersey, swiped a car, and headed up the coast.  I got to play a few roles the wedding weekend....

My friend Pauly let me play hairdresser...


Then for the wedding, I got to play dj since my friend asked me to "dj" his wedding.  Back in college, I threw lots of dance parties at my apartment...earning me the nickname - dj jLin....so for one night, dj jLin lived again!  It was a blast.  Here's my good friend and his beautiful bride, busting it out on their first dance.

She means business!


Anyway, I had a great time hanging out with old college friends (I guess now that we've been out 6 years, we can call ourselves "old friends").   I got to spend a few extra days with my family as well.  My neighbors in Jersey celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary and we were able to attend that party as well.  As the story goes, they got married on a hot hot day at city hall and went to the equivalent of Applebee's afterward.  They never got to have a big party so they decided if the marriage lasted, they'd throw a party someday.  

So, 50 years later, here they are having their "first dance".  

The Lin clan came out in full force to celebrate

Me and my husband


I had a fantastic vacation as always and miss living in the Northeast more than ever.  Now it's back to the TX heat and humidity....gonna get my sew on this coming week!

2 comments:

  1. wonderful pics DJ Jlin! We are honored you came out of retirement to help make our reception a blast! Until next time, Bertha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Petey! We had a fabulous time at the wedding. Hope you had a great honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete