Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cleaning House

Well this weekend flew by and we said goodbye to our last set of visiting relatives before we depart from sunny TX.  I had to say goodbye to my wonderful Civic:


If one could give a world's best car award, this car would deserve it.  It's pretty much earned it's value back through various minor accidents (all of which were not my fault).  So long fair Civic, Hello Singapore MRT! 

Yesterday my good friend Annie came over and I whipped up the "I'm-clearing-out-my-fridge" special.


Annie brought the french fries - she knows me so well - I am a woman of simple pleasures and one of the greatest treats in life are McDonald's french fries :-).  Otherwise, the meal was pretty healthy and delicious...not to mention, random.  We've got some pan fried tilapia, 3-day-old guacamole (still green under the brown layer!!), asparagus, and pot stickers.  Oh and I can't forget the bbq sauce and salad dressings for extra flavor.  It was a good meal :-)

The packers have been packing away all day today.  I've got two more days of it and all my stuff will be on various routes to their destinations.  I think they must have chopped down a whole forest to furnish the boxes and paper for this move....it breaks my heart.  You don't realize how much stuff you have accumulated until you try to move all of it.  I hope everything arrives at the right place and everything I bring fits into the apartment....yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment