Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sew Busy

No surprise, things have been pretty crazy around here.  Time flies when you don't have enough of it.  Last weekend we enjoyed time with family and are going to spend some more time with family this weekend.  I'm really looking forward to having everything done, but not looking forward to saying goodbye.

Since my last few posts have been non-sewing related, just thought you might like to see a project I've done in the past month or so....

A friend of mine wanted a special t-shirt made out of her infant onesie for her son.  Here he is in the cute outfit:


He outgrew the onesie, but she wanted to stick with the whale theme and incorporate the fabric from the onesie.  So, I drew a whale design and created this shirt:



Here's Calvin wearing his shirt - SO cute!!




For those of you who might like to give this project a try, I was inspired by this post off a blog I read.  I actually sewed the whale one using a satin stitch all the way around design so that the raw edges would be enclosed and the whole design would be securely attached.  But, if you don't mind having raw edges (and don't have a sewing machine), you can buy some Wonder Under (which is an iron-on double-sided fusible interfacing - it has glue dots on both sides) and draw the design right on the paper, iron one side to your design fabric and cut out your shape, peel off the paper backing, and then iron the shape right onto your t-shirt.  Easy peasy!

Well, I've got till Friday to finish my last couple of orders that have been outstanding for a month now....Sorry I am so behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment