Thursday, September 16, 2010

Going Once...Twice...and it's Sold!

It's official, we've sold our house!  We've finished taking care of all the nit-picky little things the inspector found issues with and no longer have to think about it!  I've sold my car to my neighbor and am handing over the keys in a couple of days.  Whew! It's really amazing and I can only praise God for how quickly our house and my car sold.  Everything is working out really smoothly...it makes such a big difference.

Now, I'm deep in the thick of packing/organizing/cleaning.  It's a company paid move so I don't have to worry about the actual packing process, but I do have to go through and organize what I want to take and what I don't.  For those of you who are wondering how an international move is done....here's what arrived in the mail for me today:



These are post-it stickers and I will now have to tag everything into one of the three categories.  One more week and all our stuff will be en route to where it should be going. 

It's really amazing how much stuff you realize you need to get done when you only have 1.5 weeks left in the country.  When you've got all the time in the world, you just keep procrastinating.  Now that I have these looming deadlines, I feel like a chicken running around with my head cut off.  For example, I went to the lab to get some blood work done, and somehow managed to leave a folder with all my immunization records in the bathroom.  Lovely.  I now have to trek out there and pick up my folder.  Another example - I drove an hour into downtown Houston to get a part of my camera replaced....only to come home and realize that it wasn't done correctly and my camera is only semi-functioning.  Now I need to make another trip out there...

I'm just ready to be done.  Ready to go up to Jersey where it's cooler and spend time with family before I head out...to just relax and let my mom take care of me. Boy I sound like a big baby...but moving is hard!

2 comments:

  1. please don't over stress yourself!!!!! excited for you and your impending journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grace! I'm trying not to...deep breaths...

    ReplyDelete