Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Finally home again after a full week in Victoria.  It's so nice to have more than just one room to hang out in.  Being gone for so long has left me with a bunch of errands to run, so I haven't had much time to sit and sew.  I guess that was one benefit of being locked in a hotel room without a car, there isn't much to do except sew and watch tv (or sew while watching tv).

Picked up a few more orders and am trying to get a special creation done for a friend who just had a baby girl.  I'll post a pic when I finish!

Here's a blanket I made recently.  I never thought that this castle fabric would be such a hot seller, but I do have to admit, it looks pretty cool when you use the 2-D effect.  It takes forever to cut and iron around the printed design, but the effect is awesome!  Since my blankets are all custom ordered right now, I don't keep extra fabric in stock.  I couldn't find the same exact background and border fabrics as the original, so I went with the same theme, but switched it up a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment