Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Migrainous

It's day 4 and I'm still feeling the after effects of the migraine that rendered me useless this past weekend.  Seems like there isn't enough coffee or advil in the world to make this one go away.  But alas, I must drag myself out of bed and get some things done.

I got to use up a couple pieces out of my stash recently.  A friend ordered a set of blankets for twins and I had the perfect fabrics:





Since the babies were not named yet, my friend decided to go with a different kind of personalization...pugs!  This was my first time doing a satin-stitch applique and I really like how it came out!  It was also my first time using Wonder Under, a fusible (iron-on) webbing with glue on both sides, and I'm a fan!  I used it to glue the shape onto the fabric.  Then, I ironed on some freezer paper on the back to stabilize and then zigzag-ed my way around the pug. 
 

Better get back to work now....got a rush order to fill in the next couple of days.  Hoping that the hurricane brewing in the gulf misses us completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment